June Aquatics Programs
The Oak Brook Park District Family Aquatic Center is excited to announce our Phase 3 programming plans. Since all programming is required to have a fitness/exercise focus at this time, we are not permitted to allow open swim or children’s programming. All programming will be scheduled, requiring pre-registration and payment, to assist with crowd management. Opportunities are very limited, so check online for any opportunity you are interested in right away. Our general hours of operation will be 8am-4pm daily. Park in our main lot and walk around to the back of the building, past the playgrounds, for entry into the pool.
We will not be offering swim lessons, youth or masters swim team, or Fluid Running classes. The guidelines also do not allow for Splash Island to open nor any general open swimming. We hope to add programming as guidelines permit and will communicate those as soon as we’re allowed to move forward. Locker rooms are NOT available. Patrons may rinse off with the deck shower, and two restrooms in the family locker room will be for restroom and changing use only.
All programming must be registered and paid for in advance on a per visit basis by visiting our website. At this time we are not using our membership program due to the restrictions in facility occupation and use limitations.
- Lap Swimming: Ages 12+. One swimmer per lane. One hour rental with 15 minutes in between rentals for cleaning and proper social distancing. Register Here.
- Water Aerobics: Ages 18+. Classes led by Kathy Maska will be limited to 5 participants per class to allow for social spacing. Register Here.
- Arthritis Water Therapy: Safely keep your joints moving and improve your sense of well-being. Class includes guidance from a trained and certified instructor. Register Here.
- Private swim coaching : Ages 9+ with competitive swim team experience. One swimmer per session. Each session is 45 minutes. Focus will be on competitive swimming technique and training. Register Here.
- Leisure Lane Rental: Ages 18+. One swimmer per rental. One hour rental with 15 minutes in between rentals for cleaning and proper social distancing. Lane may be used for walking, self-led exercise or lap swimming. Register Here.
- Vortex Rental: Ages 18+. One person per rental. One hour rental with 15 minutes in between rentals for cleaning and proper social distancing. Vortex may be rented for resistance water walking only. Register Here.
Our adult programs offer a wide variety of activities designed to use and develop swimming techniques while participating in innovative aquatic classes, designed to increase your fitness capabilities in a fun upbeat atmosphere.
- Adult Swim Instruction
- Individual Swim Lessons
- Aquatic Fitness Training
- Masters Swim Team
- Fluid Running (Deep Water Running)
- Parent/Tot fitness Classes
- Water Therapy
Adult Group Swim Lessons
Have you always wanted to learn how to swim but were too busy or afraid to try? Join the adult swim class for beginners ages 16 and older, where an experienced instructor will teach basic swim techniques and strokes making you feel more comfortable in the water. Enjoy the many aspects of swimming, including fun, fitness, and social interaction with others.
Adult Private Swim Lessons
Lessons are 30 minutes in length for a series of six lessons. Register for class and an instructor will call you within one week. If you need to reschedule a lesson, you must give 24 hours notice.
Date and time varies-instructor will contact participant by email.
Are you a beginning swimmer who would like the one-on-one individual attention? Enjoy a private swim lesson with an experienced instructor who will move at your pace in a safe and comfortable environment. Classes are personalized for your goals and desired achievements.
Get a more advanced approach with these lessons. These are taught by swim team coaches and are for those swimmers and competitors looking to improve their stroke.