Open Gym Rules
Who Can Play
All Ages Open Gym: Any age group may use the available courts.
Adults Only Open Gym: Members/Daily Fee Users, 18+ years of age.
Cost of Use:
Free: Family Recreation Center of Central Park Campus Memberships.
Daily Fee: Resident: $10 | Nonresident: $12
- Children under 10 years old must be directly supervised by an individual 16 years and older. “Directly supervised” is defined as being in the gym with the participant.
- Payment and/or membership card must be presented to the front desk prior to participating.
- Teaching private lessons and/or conducting team practices is not permitted.
- Gym shoes must be worn on the court. Only non-marking rubber soled shoes that are clean and dry are allowed. Street shoes, dress shoes, roller shoes, and Heelys are not permitted.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times. This includes a shirt.
- Foul or abusive language, attempted confrontation, or physical confrontation are not permitted and will result in IMMEDIATE expulsion from the facility, and could result in revocation of membership, suspension, or a ban from Oak Brook Park District facilities.
- No one person or team can “own” the court. Staff reserves the right to prohibit full court games when gym space is limited.
- No dunking or hanging on the rims/nets. Portable speakers are not permitted anywhere at the Family Recreation Center.
- Food and beverage, except bottled water, are not permitted on the courts, but are allowed on the bleachers in the walk way.
- Failure to adhere to any rule(s) can result in dismissal from the facility.
Open Gym Information
The Family Recreation Center reserves the right to cancel and/or change Open Gym times due to programs, holidays, camps, etc. Fees and rules are subject to change. Open Gym is an unsupervised event.