Due to Tier 2 mitigation restrictions, the slide will be closed during open swim Friday-Sunday.
Facility Modifications & General Participant Expectations
- Access to the aquatic center will be managed through a reservation-only process. There will be no drop-in allowed and attendance will be monitored, with members being required to check-in at the appropriate entrance before being allowed to move through the facility to their destination.
- Reservations for access will be available online only, through the upace app. Members will be required to enter their member number to secure a reservation and show their membership ID card upon arrival at the facility. Non-members may register for a timeslot but will be charged a daily fee of $10 resident / $12 non-resident per visit, upon arrival at the facility. Only credit card transactions will be accepted in person. No cash transactions. Please see the website for details regarding the reservation registration process as well as additional guidelines and policies.
- Bathrooms will be available, but showers, lockers, and towels will not be offered. Members are asked to be mindful of social distancing guidelines and are required to wear a mask when not exercising.
- Water fountains will not be available upon reopening.
- Follow the Center for Disease Control advice on personal hygiene to avoid the spread of germs: Wash your hands often, avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands, always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow and do not spit. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and have visited our facilities, please inform the Park District’s Safety Coordinator, Linda Noonan, 630-645-9537. Let us know the date you visited our site and the date you received your diagnosis.
- Participants are the ultimate decision-makers with respect to whether they or their children have underlying health conditions that may put them at heightened risk in public settings and whether they or their children should be in a public program at this time. Participants must comply with COVID-19 related policies (and all other policies); failure to do so may lead to prompt dismissal from the program or facility.
- Lap swimming will continue to require advance registration. Starting November 1, 2020, the Family Aquatic Center will dedicate one lane to 30-minute reservations while keeping the other lanes at full, 60-minute reservations. All reservations can be made through the upace app. This change is intended to allow more daily reservation opportunities. Lane rentals will still have 15 minutes in between reservations for cleaning and social distancing purposes. Each reservation provides one lane use. We will accommodate up to 2 people per lane if those sharing reside in a common household. Equipment such as kickboards and pull buoys can be borrowed from the lifeguard desk. We ask that all equipment be placed in our blue used equipment bin near the hot tub so it can be properly disinfected before returning to circulation for use. Guests are encouraged to bring their own equipment. Lap swimming will be free to members. Non-members will continue to be charged $10 Resident/$12 Non-resident. (Credit Card Only)
Aquatic Group Exercise
- Aquatic exercise classes will be offered under the IDPH guidelines for social distancing and capacity. Each class will run for 45 minutes. Allowing 15 minutes in between classes. Reservations will be required. Members will enjoy these classes as part of their membership, while non-members will be charged $10 Resident/$12 Non-resident.
Additional Aquatic Opportunities
Due to regulations within the guidelines, we must operate under, the facility has strict headcount limits. In order to operate in a consistent manner, we require anyone entering the facility to pay the usage fee, unless they are members. This includes children of all ages as well as any member of your party that may not even enter the water. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Oak Brook Park District’s indoor Family Aquatic Center offers many special features for the entire family!
The facility offers ample space for a wide variety of adult exercise classes, tot programs, and youth swim lessons. The lap pool features six, 25-yard lanes for lap swimming, Fluid Running, water leagues, Stars Swim Team, and Masters Swim Team. Relaxing in the 10-person whirlpool is an excellent way to end your workout. The Family Aquatic Center is the perfect place to exercise, relax and play. The best part - there's never a rainy day! Our aquatic center is open year-round and in all weather, so there's no end to summer-style fun.
Our 25-yard lap pool uses six lanes with removable lane dividers and starting blocks on the west end. There is an accessibility lift for those who require assistance getting in and out of the water, and a timing clock for those swimming for the next personal best. Depth ranges from 4 feet to 7 feet at the starting blocks. Note: We do our best to make 1-2 lanes available for lap swimming at all times. There are times when programming limits us to only one lane and there are times when programming does not take place in the lap pool, so all 6 lanes are available for lap swimming. Reservations are required. Please visit our reservation page for details on how to reserve your spot: RESERVATIONS.
Due to the Tier 2 mitigation restrictions, we will not be offering Saturday rentals of the leisure pool.
The warm-water Leisure Pool is a zero-depth entry, perfect for younger swimmers still getting comfortable in the water, or building their swimming skills. There is an interactive water structure in the center for kids to splash in. The exercise lane offers a place for aquatic fitness classes, and the vortex pool is the most popular feature. The fully indoor water slide is open on a special schedule, look on the schedule page for details.
Spa -CLOSED UNDER PHASE 4 GUIDELINES
Relax after a hard workout in or out of the pool in our spa. Enjoy the multiple jets and underwater lighting. The spa is ADA accessible, via a transition wall.
Fees for use:
Free: Any membership that includes Aquatics as part of the membership.
Daily Fee: Resident: $10 | Nonresident: $12
- 6-lane, 25-yard pool
- ADA accessible
- 105-foot long water slide - FRIDAY EVENINGS AND SATURDAY/SUNDAY AFTER 12 PM
- Water vortex
- Zero-depth splash area
- Water play features
- Exercise lane
Spa - CLOSED UNDER PHASE 4 GUIDELINES
- 10-person whirlpool
- Multiple interactive jets
- Underwater multicolor light
- Party room -CLOSED UNDER PHASE 4 GUIDELINES
- Elevated deck area - CLOSED UNDER PHASE 4 GUIDELINES