The Oak Brook Park District has four mulitple use athletic fields. Our three natural turf fields feature movable goals and benches, nearby parking, and are measured and marked for varying levels of play. The fields are carefully maintained and irrigated throughout the playing season to provide a resilient playing surface.
The Oak Brook Park District's synthetic athletic field opened in the fall of 2012 and was made possible, in part, by a generous donation from Evergreen Bank Group.
Full field dimension is 120X80 and half field dimension is 80X50, there are 2 half fields inside of the full field. Our field can be used for soccer, football, and lacrosse.
The Benefits of Synthetic Turf:
- Synthetic turf provides a flat surface all around while natural grass tends to have uneven playing surfaces.
- Synthetic turf can be utilized around 3,000 hours per year with no “rest” required, more than three times that of natural grass. This translates into increased practice and play time.
- A grass field simply cannot remain lush and resilient if it is used more than three to four days a week, in the rain, or during the months of the year when grass doesn’t grow.
- Local communities need accessible, versatile play surfaces for its youth and people of all ages. Parks that use synthetic turf allow kids to be active year-round on safe and resilient sports surfaces.
- Synthetic turf requires minimal resources and maintenance while saving millions of gallons of water usage each year.
All fields have a minimum rental time of 2 hours. All fees are per hour.
Rental Fees for Natural Turf Fields:
Resident Community Organization: $25
Nonresident Community Organization: $50
Rental Fees for Synthetic Turf Field | Full Field
Resident Community Organization: $100
Nonresident Community Organization: $150
Rental Fees for Synthetic Turf Field | Half Field
Resident Community Organization: $55
Nonresident Community Organization: $85
Light fee is $30 per hour.