Salt Creek Trail Closure
The Illinois Tollway has temporarily closed a portion of the Salt Creek Trail under the Central Tri-State (I-294) Tollway through December. No detour is provided. The Salt Creek Trail waterway under I-294 will remain open to paddlers. During this closure, the Salt Creek Trail at I-294 will be inaccessible from both Canterberry Lane and the Dean Nature Sanctuary. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Bike Trail Maps
Home to a gateway between the DuPage and Cook County bike trail, Bemis Woods, the Dean Nature Sanctuary provides the perfect spot to plan your roundtrip biking excursion.
So everyone can enjoy the trail safely, here are a few guidelines for trail users:
- Stay to the right.
- Bicyclists should yield to walkers.
- To avoid conflicts with other users, pass to the left, announcing, "Passing on your left" before you overtake slower moving traffic.
- Please avoid stopping and blocking the path. Step off to the side if you wish to talk or stop for any other reason.
- Please dispose of all trash properly. This is your trail. Keep it clean.
- Poison ivy and poison oak are common along many Illinois trails. Avoid contact with plants unless you’re certain of their species.
- Finally, bicyclists should wear a helmet. Three out of four bicyclist fatalities are due to head injuries--most of which could have been avoided if the bicyclist had been wearing a helmet
View a map & list of all DuPage County Trails here.