Bike Trail Maps
Home to a gateway between the DuPage and Cook County bike trail, Bemis Woods, the Dean Nature Sanctuary provides the perfect spot to plan your roundtrip biking excursion.
So everyone can enjoy the trail safely, here are a few guidelines for trail users:
- Stay to the right.
- Bicyclists should yield to walkers.
- To avoid conflicts with other users, pass to the left, announcing, "Passing on your left" before you overtake slower moving traffic.
- Please avoid stopping and blocking the path. Step off to the side if you wish to talk or stop for any other reason.
- Please dispose of all trash properly. This is your trail. Keep it clean.
- Poison ivy and poison oak are common along many Illinois trails. Avoid contact with plants unless you’re certain of their species.
- Due to its proximity to the creek, at times certain sections of the trail can become submerged after heavy rains or melting snow that cause high water levels. When this occurs, portions of the trail that pass under St. Charles Road, Roosevelt Road and I-294 are closed for safety purposes.
- Finally, bicyclists should wear a helmet. Three out of four bicyclist fatalities are due to head injuries--most of which could have been avoided if the bicyclist had been wearing a helmet
View a map & list of all DuPage County Trails here.