Oak Brook Park District’s award-winning indoor Family Aquatic Center offers year long programming for all ages. Whether you’re looking for adult water aerobics, youth swim team, or searching for a unique venue to host your next family party, check out the Family Aquatic Center!
Facility Modifications & General Participant Expectations
- Access to the aquatic center will be managed through a reservation-only process. There will be no drop-in allowed and attendance will be monitored, with members being required to check-in at the appropriate entrance before being allowed to move through the facility to their destination.
- Reservations for access will be available on-line only, through the upace app. Members will be required to enter their member number to secure a reservation and show their membership ID card upon arrival at the facility. Non-members may register for a timeslot, but will be charged a daily fee of $10 resident / $12 non-resident per visit, upon arrival at the facility. Only credit card transactions will be accepted in person. No cash transactions. Please see the website for details regarding the reservation registration process as well as additional guidelines and policies.
- Bathrooms will be available, but showers, lockers, and towels will not be offered. Members are asked to be mindful of social distancing guidelines and are required to wear a mask when not exercising.
- Water fountains will not be available upon reopening.
- Follow the Center for Disease Control advice on personal hygiene to avoid the spread of germs: Wash your hands often, avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands, always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow and do not spit. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and have visited our facilities, please inform the Park District’s Safety Coordinator, Linda Noonan, 630-645-9537. Let us know the date you visited our site and the date you received your diagnosis.
- Participants are the ultimate decision-makers with respect to whether they or their children have underlying health conditions that may put them at heightened risk in public settings and whether they or their children should be in a public program at this time. Participants must comply with COVID-19 related policies (and all other policies); failure to do so may lead to prompt dismissal from the program or facility.
- Lap swimming will continue to require advance registration. Lane rentals will be one hour with 15 minutes in between reservations for cleaning and social distancing purposes. We will continue to uphold a strict one person per lane standard. Equipment such as kick boards and pull buoys will not be provided during this time. Guests are encouraged to bring their own equipment. Lap swimming will be free to members. Non-members will continue to be charged $10 Resident/$12 Non-resident. (Credit Card Only)
Aquatic Group Exercise
- Aquatic exercise classes will be offered under the IDPH guidelines for social distancing and capacity. Each class will run for 45 minutes. Allowing 15 minutes in between classes. Reservations will be required. Members will enjoy these classes as part of their membership, while non-members will be charged $10 Resident/$12 Non-resident.
Additional Aquatic Opportunities
- We anticipate the IDPH guidelines for Phase 4 will allow for additional programming. Please continue to wait for updates regarding the use of Splash Island, swim lesson opportunities and open swim times.
Private swim coaching : Ages 9+ with competitive swim team experience. One swimmer per session. Each session is 45 minutes. Focus will be on competitive swimming technique and training. Register Here.
Due to regulations within the guidelines we must operate under, the facility has strict head count limits. In order to operate in a consistent manner, we require anyone entering the facility to pay the usage fee, unless they are members. This includes children of all ages as well as any member of your party that may not even enter the water. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Oak Brook residents can find information on the Oak Brook Sports Core here.
Download the current schedule below.