The STARS Swim Team is participating in a Swim-A-Thon on February 1, 2020. Proceeds from this fundraiser will go towards the purchase of an automatic timing system that will be used with a new video display board at Oak Brook Park District swim meets. As a personal challenge, each swimmer will be seeking sponsors to support his/her fundraising cause of swimming as many laps as possible in one hour. The goal for the team is to raise $12,000 and every donation, regardless of amount, will make a difference.
You may contribute in one of three ways:
- Amount per lap – Vow to pay an amount per length swam, such as $1/length. The distance swam will be counted during the Swim-A-Thon and the swimmer will connect with you after the event to share their distance and collect your donation.
- Flat donation – Provide the swimmer with a flat donation that will go toward their total amount collected. This donation can be paid before, or after the event. Cash or checks payable to The Oak Brook Park District Foundation will be accepted.
Electronic donation – Visit the Swim-a-Thon page at oak-brook.kindful.com/swim-a-thon-2020 to donate. Please be sure to note the specific swimmer that your donation is supporting.
Each swimmer is working toward recognition prizes as rewards for reaching certain benchmarks in their fundraising totals.
- $100: STARS Swim Team socks
- $200: STARS Swim Team towel -OR- two pairs of socks
- $300: STARS Swim Team slides -OR- socks and a towel
- $400: STARS Swim Team backpack -OR- socks, towel and slides
- $500: ALL FOUR PRIZES ABOVE
The Oak Brook Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization and donations may be tax deductible.