The Oak Brook Park District boasts a first-class fitness and wellness facility with a wide variety of amenities, including three regulation size gymnasiums, a 5,000 sq. ft. fitness center, 1/8 mile indoor walking track, and free Wi-Fi connection.
Facility Modifications & General Participant Expectations
- Access to the fitness center, track, group fitness classes and the aquatic center will be managed through a reservation-only process. There will be no drop-in allowed and attendance will be monitored, with members being required to check-in at the appropriate entrance before being allowed to move through the facility to their destination.
- Reservations for access will be available on-line only, through the Oak Brook Park District Website. Members will be required to enter their member number to secure a reservation and show their membership ID card upon arrival at the facility. Non-members may register for a timeslot, but will be charged a daily fee of $10 resident / $12 non-resident per visit, upon arrival at the facility. Only credit card transactions will be accepted in person. No cash transactions. Please see the website for details regarding the reservation registration process as well as additional guidelines and policies.
- Bathrooms will be available, but showers and towels will not be offered. Members are asked to be mindful of social distancing guidelines and are required to wear a mask.
- Water fountains will not be available upon reopening.
- Follow the Center for Disease Control advice on personal hygiene to avoid the spread of germs: Wash your hands often, avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands, always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow and do not spit. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and have visited our facilities, please inform the Park District’s Safety Coordinator, Linda Noonan, 630-645-9537. Let us know the date you visited our site and the date you received your diagnosis.
- Participants are the ultimate decision-makers with respect to whether they or their children have underlying health conditions that may put them at heightened risk in public settings and whether they or their children should be in a public program at this time. Participants must comply with COVID-19 related policies (and all other policies); failure to do so may lead to prompt dismissal from the program or facility.
Fitness Center, Track, and Group Fitness Specific Guidelines
- Pre-registration is required for usage. Drop-ins are not permitted.
- Members must check in on-site upon facility entry.
- Masks are required upon entry and during exercise.
- Social distancing is required.
- Participants are limited to one time slot or one class per day.
- All group fitness classes are 45 minutes. Group fitness classes are restricted to 8 participants only. See schedule below.
- Please arrive on time and come dressed to workout.
- Fitness area, including equipment, will be sanitized and disinfected after each use and each class.
- Hand sanitizer, gym wipes and/or cleaning products will be available at each location.
- Participants are required to clean equipment after each use.
- The following are NOT available:
- Changing Areas
- Water Fountains (re-fillable station available only)
- Outside equipment is NOT permitted. Only exceptions are water bottle, towel, and mat.
- Sharing of equipment is not permitted.
- Due to limited space, purses, backpacks, etc. are not allowed.
- Proper attire, including shoes must be worn during all classes.
R/NR Adult Daily Admission: $10/$12
- Recumbent Bikes
- Upright Bikes
- Rowing Machines
- Nu Steps Arc Trainers
- Adaptive Motion Trainer
- Full Line of Cybex Selectorized Machines
- Cable Cross
- Smith Machine
- Squat Rack
- Free Weights
- Matrix Weights
- Dumbbells (1-100lbs)