As cases of COVID-19 continue to increase throughout the State of Illinois, Governor Pritzker announced on Tuesday, November 17, that the State of Illinois will move to Tier 3 of the resurgence mitigation beginning Friday, November 20. This shift requires the Oak Brook Park District to place several recreational opportunities on pause, until Illinois or Region 8 shift back to Tier 2 mitigation.
On PAUSE under Tier 3 Mitigation
- Indoor meetings, social events, and gatherings. This includes private events at Central Park West.
- All indoor and outdoor group youth and adult sports.
- All Tennis group programs/lessons.
- All group Aquatic programming, including the Masters Swim Team and Open Swim.
- Indoor group recreational activities.
- All indoor Group Exercise Classes.
- Locker and shower usage.
Individual participants who are affected by the new mitigations will be contacted by staff.
Permitted under Tier 3 Mitigation
- Outdoor group activities are limited to 10 persons or less with social distancing. All participants must wear a mask.
- Private Tennis lessons. All participants must wear a mask.
- The Fitness Center may continue to operate at 25% of capacity. All participants must make a reservation and wear a mask at all times.
- Indoor walking track. All participants must make a reservation and wear a mask.
- Personal Training. All participants must wear a mask.
- Virtual Group Exercise Classes: Details available soon.
- The Family Aquatic Center will continue to have lap swimming available by reservation only. Participants must wear a mask while not actively in water.
The Illinois Department of Public Health will continue to track the positivity rate in our region and if the metrics don’t improve more stringent mitigations may be applied to further reduce the spread of the virus, which could include further reducing capacity on organized group recreation, fitness or other activities as well as the temporary suspension of certain activities.
Please continue to wash your hands, wear your mask, and stay home if you are feeling sick. Thank you for your patience as we work through these changes.