Sign Up for our eNewsletter
Free wi-fi available
We welcome you as a participant in the 2011 Oak Brook Park District photography contest. Any photograph taken at an Oak Brook Park District or facility within the past two years will be accepted. The Submit photo(s) and entry form to:
Oak Brook Park District
c/o Photo Contest
1450 Forest Gate Road
Oak Brook, IL 60523-2151
• Only amateur photographers are eligible to enter. (Participants may not derive a significant portion of his or her income from photography).
• Photos must be taken at an Oak Brook Park District park, program or facility within the past 2 years.
• Photos must be submitted by September 30, 2011. Photos may be color or black and white. Photos may be up to 11” x 14”, and must be mounted on 11” x 14” mat or mounting board. No hangers on the backs of photographs. Frames are not permitted. A label on the back of each mat must include the photographer’s name, location the photo was taken, date the photo was taken, address, phone number and email.
• Each person may enter up to 5 photos but is eligible to win only one award.
• Judging will be anonymous. Please do not put your name or anything that will identify you on the front of your photograph. Photos will be judged by the F-Stop Camera Club, which meets at 7pm on the 1st & 3rd Monday of each month at the Oak Brook Park District Family Recreation Center. Members of the F-Stop Camera Club are not eligible
• Judging criteria:
1) Technical excellence (sharpness, lighting, composition, exposure)
• Either film or digitally recorded photos are acceptable. However, only limited image modifications are permitted. Minor manipulation should only be used to produce a more natural looking photograph. Cropping is allowed but adding any elements not existing in the original scene will not be allowed. Judges, at their discretion, will disqualify any photos that appear to be manipulated beyond these guidelines.
• All photos will become the property of the Oak Brook Park District and will not be returned. There is no need to include a return envelope or postage.
• First, second and third place prizes will be awarded, with winners announced by October 15, 2011. Photos may be used by the Oak Brook Park District in any way with appropriate credit.
• Photos that include the image of any person must be accompanied by a photo waiver. Waivers may be obtained at the Oak Brook Park District Administrative office during regular business hours.
• The Oak Brook Park District cannot be held responsible for loss or damage of photos. Questions? Call (630) 645-9539
As part of a cooperative agreement with the Oak Brook Park District, the F-Stop Camera Club has agreed to provide the cover photos for our 2011 brochure series. The members of the club also generously volunteer their time to attend many of our special events and programs in order to provides the Oak Brook Park District with the majority of the program and facility photography that is featured in our brochure.
The F-Stop Camera Club is open to photographers of all interests and skill levels. The club meets at 7pm on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month at the Oak Brook Family Recreation Center. The F-Stop Camera Club is a small, friendly group of people who love photography. Their membership ranges from novice to skilled amateur photographer. All of our members are willing to share their knowledge. If you are interested in improving your photographic skills or you just enjoy photography, they would be happy to have you stop by.
For more information, contact:
Ron Capek 630.833.8396
Les Otto 630.833.7371